A non profit community service agency helping people with finances
Bankruptcy Class Schedule
News Casts (Video)
Mortgage Delinquency Counseling
Reverse Mortgage Counseling
Home Buyer Education Series
Credit Report Review
Pre-filing Bankruptcy Counseling
CCOA offers free financial counseling to help you create a financial plan. During your session, you and your certified counselor will create a budget, talk about your financial goals, and make a plan of action to reach those goals.
Your counselor can give you recommendations on various topics including:
• How to raise household income
• How to set spending priorities on monthly expenses
• How to sequence your debt payments for maximum benefits.
• The advantages and disadvantages of using debt settlement as a tool.
• The role of bankruptcy in addressing debt problems.
• The impact of financial options on your credit standings.
• How to make use of community resources to lower monthly expenses.
• How to deal with aggressive creditor tactics.
• The potential use of a Debt Management Plan (DMP) to make payments to your unsecured creditors.
Appointments are approximately one hour and are offered in-person, over the phone and online. Call us at 1-800-889-4916 to set up a free in-person or phone appointment today.
For free online counseling, fill out the
form. All information is kept confidential and is used for your counseling appointment. Please allow 24-48 hours for a counselor to assess your situation and e-mail you.
Credit Counseling 101
People often ask us what to expect with a CCOA counseling session. These brief videos from the National Foundation for Credit Counseling will introduce you to the credit counseling process, what you can expect in a counseling session, what you will need to bring with you, and what will happen after the session.
Determining the Need for Counseling
Barriers to Seeking Counseling
What Happens in a Counseling Session
What is a Debt Management Plan
About Debt Settlement