Credit Counseling of Arkansas (CCOA) is the leading provider of personal financial services in the region. For over 20 years we have existed to provide financial leadership and services that improve the quality of life for individuals and families in Arkansas and beyond. Our award-winning team of caring financial professionals has helped thousands reach their goals to reduce debt, save money, and build wealth. We hope you will consider CCOA as a potential employer and invite you to explore our career opportunities.
CCOA is seeking a caring financial professional for its office in Fort Smith. CCOA financial counselors help clients address financial issues and create a plan of action to reach their financial goals. Additionally, financial counselors provide financial education throughout the community in conjunction with partner organizations. CCOA financial counselors are supported by a team of experienced supervisors, peers and client service representatives. The position offers flexible hours and on the job training.
Position Type: Part Time
Position Location: Fort Smith, Arkansas
Position Concept: Provides counseling and educational services to clients in the areas of budgeting, credit education and the Debt Repayment Program. Analyzes individual situations and develops innovative solutions for clients that are financially challenged.
- Reports to: Director of Counseling
- Supervises: None
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree strongly desired
- Experience: Finance, Credit Management, Personal Finance strongly desired
Physical Requirements: In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Acts of 1990, qualified applicants with disabilities are protected from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, job training, fringe benefits, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment on the basis of disability. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities.
Skill: Works harmoniously with staff, works independently while being team oriented, is organized, has good problem solving ability, is detail oriented, listens and communicates effectively. Able to summarize and document counseling session discussions.
Equipment: Includes but not limited to: telephone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, printers, ten key and shredder.
Supervision Required: Acts independently.
- Maintains current accurate company records and statistics.
- Participates in CCOA Public Relations strategies.
- Counsels clients on financial problems being responsive to urgent needs, and always keeping clients’ best interest in mind.
- Contacts creditors on behalf of clients when needed.
- Refers clients to available social services when appropriate.
- Maintains prompt follow-up procedures regarding client interviews and Debt Repayment Program participation.
- Participates in Education Seminars as directed.
- Conducts periodic reviews of Debt Repayment Program client files.
- Completes Case Action Plan for every client counseled.
- Maintains accurate client files including all documentation needed for the Debt Repayment Program.
- Click Apply by Email button at the bottom of the page or email us at email@example.com;
- Include the job for which you are applying in the subject line; and
- Attach a cover letter and resume to the email.