Credit Counseling of Arkansas (CCOA) is the leading provider of personal financial services in the region. For over 20 years we have existed to provide financial leadership and services that improve the quality of life for individuals and families in Arkansas and beyond. Our award-winning team of caring financial professionals has helped thousands reach their goals to reduce debt, save money, and build wealth. We hope you will consider CCOA as a potential employer and invite you to explore our career opportunities.
Client Support Representative
CCOA is seeking a caring financial professional for its office in Fayetteville, AR. CCOA client service representatives care for our customers by helping them access financial services through CCOA. Additionally, client service representatives provide customer service by organizing and transmitting client information securely to clients’ creditors. CCOA client service representatives are supported by a team of experienced supervisors, peers and financial counselors. This full-time position offers on the job training and dental, vision, and life insurance benefits as well as a matching 401k program.
Position Type: Full Time
Position Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
Position Concept: Provides customer service to clients in the areas of appointment scheduling, data management, data analysis and data processing. Monitors client accounts responding to requests and working to ensure client satisfaction and retention remain high.
- Reports to: Director of Operations
- Supervises: None
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree strongly desired, Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates preferred.
Experience: Customer Service, Data Entry, Data Analysis, Personal Finance, Familiar with word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software, as well as databases and customer database systems.
Physical Requirements: In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Acts of 1990, qualified applicants with disabilities are protected from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, job training, fringe benefits, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment on the basis of disability. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities.
Skill: Works harmoniously with staff, works independently while being team oriented, is organized, has good problem solving ability, is detail oriented, listens and communicates effectively. Able to summarize and document client and creditor interactions and transactions.
Equipment: Includes but not limited to: telephone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, printers, ten key and shredder.
Supervision Required: Lead CSR and Director of Operations
- Greets clients and guest warmly and makes sure they are comfortable.
- Contacts clients ahead of appointments to confirm attendance and coordinate data submissions.
- Answers phone and directs call to appropriate party.
- Receives client inquiries and handles in a professional manner.
- Schedules and moves appointments for all offices including phone and Hispanic appointments.
- Able to explain CCOA services.
- Calls creditors to update account balances along with associated update of data in computer redirecting payments for accounts PIF.
- Works rejected proposals returned by creditor for additional information.
- Works creditor returned checks, which need additional information.
Client Data Management
- Works changes generated when client makes changes to account.
- Updates client budget for small payment adjustments.
- Increases payments along with associated computer work including sending new proposals as needed.
- Reviews statements checking for payments, fees, insurance, and proper finance charges. Insures account is coded for DMP status. Uses
- Creditor Matrix as necessary to understand specific creditor policies.
- Researches accounts that do not have accepted proposals determining problem and corrective action in addition attempting to get interest charges and fees waived by creditor.
- Monitor accounts in order to bring the account PIF in a timely fashion and assure return of qualified interest charges.
- Accommodates client’s wishes to change payment method from EFT to cash and vice versa.
- When accounts are being paid off, manage account through pay-off including stopping bank draft.
- Scans documents to file.
- Click Apply by Email button at the bottom of the page or email us at email@example.com;
- Include the job for which you are applying in the subject line; and
- Attach a cover letter and resume to the email.