Credit Report Review
Your credit affects the interest rate you receive when borrowing money. It can affect your insurance rates, and can even prevent you from getting your dream job.
CCOA offers a credit report review service in which a counselor provides your Experian Credit Report and FICO score and explains:
- The basic parts of a credit report and factors that influence your credit score
- How creditor payments are listed in the report
- What items could be interpreted as positive or negative
- Basic features of the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Methods used to improve your credit report and credit score
A written Plan of Action will provide recommendations to aid you in improving your credit report. Appointments are offered in-person and by phone.
The fee for this service is $30 for individual and $40 for joint.
We are required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act to verify your identity before we can pull your credit report. For that reason, we will require to see a valid form of picture ID (such as a driver’s license) before the Credit Report Review session.
Fair Credit Reporting Act
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requires each of the nationwide credit reporting companies — Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion — to provide you with a free copy of your credit report, at your request, once every 12 months.
There are three ways to obtain your report:
- Online: Visit www.annualcreditreport.com and submit a request
- By phone: Call 1-877-322-8228 to order your report
- By Mail: Complete and mail the Annual Credit Report Request Form